Saturday, March 19, 2011

Living from the Void

Verse 11
Thirty spokes converge upon a single hub; it is on the hole in the center that the use of the cart hinges.

Shape clay into a vessel; it is the space within that makes it useful.  Carve fine doors and windows, but the room is useful in its emptiness.

The usefulness of what is depends on what is not.

From the silence comes a musical note, from emptiness, fullness, for non being gives rise to the beingness within us all... Today I practiced a simple breathing exercise in which I closed my eyes and allowed my awareness to move to my hands.  I moved my hands through space with each breath paying close attention to the non being of the empty air through which my hands moved.  This space of non being is filled with being.  I felt the fullness of what seems to be empty and just enjoyed all that the moment was.. and was not...

Namaste,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment