Friday, March 11, 2011

Ask and You Shall Receive

Welcome to day 3 and already this journey is like rubbing my geini lamp, "ask and you shall receive". The only difference is I am not getting something like a new car, no instead I am getting the very teaching of the verse that I read within minutes. Yesterday it was several big moments in which I reacted to life vs. allowing myself to be conscious of it. I reacted vs. felt and acted free of explanation or defending of my actions.  Nope, yesterday, I was busy explaining away, the allowing of opposites or paradox didn't quite go so well in the moment but I did have powerful take aways from yesterday.

I learned that I react when I feel that I an not understood or being heard.  I am now very clear on this and my triggers.  Today I am happy to say, that I did much better holding paradox, explained less moving from lesson 2 into lesson 3. 

Today, verse 3 spoke of bringing pureness, happiness and gratitude into situations and from a pure place a natural outcome will result perfectly.  When my computer started acting up, at first I was just in a space of gratitude and appreciation, then the longer the problem went unresolved, the more I moved from pure contentment to pure frustration.  I was soooo conscious of this occurring as I really was trying to find the goodness in the situation.  I guess the good was that I shut everything down, laughed about it with a friend and continued on my day being happy vs. carrying the frustration.

May Verse 3 inspire you as it did me to choose to bring in the gratitude, happiness and contentment~
Putting a value on status will create contentiousness. If you overvalue possessions, people begin to steal.  By not displaying what is desirable, you will cause people's hearts to remain undisturbed.
The sage governs by emptying mind and hearts, by weakening ambitions and strengthening bones.
Practice not doing... When action is pure and selfless, everything settles into it's own perfect place.

Wayne Dyer shares this verse to represent an opportunity to be guided vs. trying, to practice gratitude and in that we will find a contented life. To allow what is within to emerge by suspending worldly determination.  He says to stop pushing oneself and to feel gratitude and awe for what IS.

For me, he shared a sentence that really summed it all up for me... "Remind yourself daily that there is no way to happiness; rather, happiness is the way."

By the end of the day, I was in and holding a true state of allowing, of contentment and happiness.  I noticed this when I had to discipline my son.  I stayed very calm and loving, focused on bringing every word from a place of  love and gratitude for my son and the opportunity to be his mother.  That said, he still cried, he sat in his room, we talked, he cried more, all the while, I loved him and loved holding a much different space than that of reacting.  When we were done he said, "that was a really good conversation mommy, I love you with all my heart."

And so it is that there is something very powerful unfolding in this journey with the Tao~

Namaste,
Melissa Grill-Petersen, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment